- About Us
- Florida Energy Facts
- FESC Expertise
- FESC Funded Projects
- FL University Research
- Technology Commercialization
- Facilities and Resources
- FL Energy Industry
- Energy Education
- Public Outreach: Events, Fact Sheets, Summits, and Symposiums
- Annual Reports, Publications and Presentations
- Funding Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Florida Energy Facts
Florida’s per capita residential electricity demand is among the highest in the country, due in part to high air-conditioning use during hot summer months and the widespread use of electricity for home heating during winter months.
Geologists believe that there may be large oil and gas deposits off Florida’s western coast in the Federal Outer Continental Shelf.
Florida is a leading producer of oranges and researchers are attempting to derive ethanol from citrus peel waste.
More petroleum-fired electricity is generated in Florida than in any other State.
INVESTOR-OWNED ELECTRIC UTILITIES IN FLORIDA
- Florida Power & Light Company (FPL)
- Florida Public Utilities Company (FPU)
- Gulf Power Company (GPC)
- Duke Energy
- Tampa Electric Company (TEC)
GENERATING MUNICIPAL ELECTRIC UTILITIES IN FLORIDA
Generating Municipal Electric Utilities can be found on the Florida Public Service Commission website.